WARRANTY AND IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SERVICES
- Except as provided by this Clause 13, Fixgadgetonline Ltd’s Repair Services are backed by a 12 month parts and labour warranty. This warranty does not apply to diagnostic services or liquid damage repairs.
- Please note that that the warranty in clause 13.1 is limited to
- screen/LCD and any other repaired or replaced parts that malfunction, or do not work as intended or designed; and/or
- the parts and/or services that were paid for by you to Fixgadgetonline Ltd. If only parts were purchased, this warranty is limited to the replacement of the parts in accordance with clause 14. If parts and repair services were purchased from Fixgadgetonline Ltd, the warranty extends to cover the labour cost of part replacement and any other repairs specifically resulting from the initial repair, except in the situations outlined below.
- 12 months from the date of the original repair. If subsequent work is carried out as part of the warranty this does not extend the warranty. For example, if a warranty repair was done 3 months after the original repair the warranty would still end 12 months after the date of the original repair.
- The warranty in clause 13.1 does not protect against any of the following relating any relevant device which is the subject of the Repair Services
- any mishandling that causes subsequent damage to the relevant device(s);
- water or other liquid damage;
- damage or faults resulting from attempted customer or third party repairs at any time;
- software issues unrelated to the repair and/or any damage resulting from viruses or other malicious pieces of software that may have been transmitted during servicing or escaped detection;
- any jail broken or “rooted” device;
- water proof devices, as Fixgadgetonline Ltd cannot guarantee the device(s) will remain water proof following the Repair Services;
- new damages unrelated to the original Repair Services; and/or
- any loss of data occurring as a result of the repair – customers are advised to back up all data on the device(s) to be repaired prior to the repair. Fixgadgetonline Ltd does not accept any liability for data or software which is lost, corrupted, deleted or altered during repair. You accept full responsibility for all software and data on your device(s) and Fixgadgetonline Ltd is not required to advise or remind customers of appropriate backup and other procedures.
- The warranty in clause 13.1 does not cover the outcome of the Repair Services if certain pre-repair conditions exist in relation to the relevant device the subject of the Repair Services, including
- existence of known manufacturing and/or performance issues related to the device(s) which is separate from the Repair Services, as noted prior to the Repair Services;
- water or other liquid damage;
- any jail broken or “rooted” device(s);
- pre-existing damage or faults resulting from attempted customer or third party repairs at any time;
- The warranty in clause 13.1 is only valid only for the specific device(s) repaired under the Repair Services and the original customer; it is not transferable across devices or if the relevant devices is sold or given to another person.
- If any relevant device is irreparably damaged as a direct result of a repair attempted by Fixgadgetonline Ltd and payment has been rendered by you, you are entitled to a fully functional refurbished device of equal or greater value of the damaged device based on its model and condition as received and with the original repair issue resolved, or the monetary equivalent of fair market value of the device in that condition as determined by Fixgadgetonline Ltd. If payment was not rendered for the Repair Services, the repair price shall be deducted from the value of the relevant device, or a refurbished device of the same damaged condition as received shall be offered. In order to receive a replacement device, the relevant damaged device must be rendered to Fixgadgetonline Ltd.
- In the unlikely event that there is any defect with the Repair Services which is covered by the warranty in clause 13.1
- please contact Fixgadgetonline Ltd and tell Fixgadgetonline Ltd as soon as reasonably possible after becoming aware of any defect;
- please give Fixgadgetonline Ltd a reasonable opportunity to repair or fix any defect; and
- Fixgadgetonline Ltd will use every effort to repair or fix the defect within 5 working days.
- If you are a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Repair Services not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the materials Fixgadgetonline Ltd uses are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
Scope of Warranty
What the warranty does not protect against
Damage caused by Fixgadgetonline Ltd:
You will not have to pay for Fixgadgetonline Ltd to repair or fix a defect with the Repair Services under this clause 13.7.